Friday, April 8, 2016

Making a hair donation

Yesterday I went to the salon and had them cut my hair to be donated to Wigs for Kids. 

If you have long hair, I strongly encourage people to donate their hair - it's for a great cause! It takes approximately 20-30 ponytails before they can make a wig. 

Before you do, research how to prepare your hair, or better yet, find a salon that is familiar with the process because if the hair is prepared improperly, it cannot be used. 

In my research, I found that different organizations have different length requirements for hair, ranging from 6 inches to 12 inches; to be sure, call in advance. Don't think you don't have enough hair!




3 comments:

  1. I am loving your new do, eggtart! It's great that you donated your hair for a great cause also! I have also donated my hair in the past; it made me feel great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks adorable and it's fabulous that your beautiful locks are going to help a child who's struggling with his/her appearance look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was my first time doing it and I hope to be able to continue to do so =)

      Thank you for taking the time to post a comment, I have moved your comment to my new site.

      Delete