Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Less is more - I sold one of my bags


Today I sold one of my bags - a Coach Madison “Lindsay” satchel in fuchsia. It is a top handle satchel with a hidden outer zip-pocket and removable strap; the body is about the size of an 8.5” x 11” piece of paper.
It’s a beautiful bag but it did not work for me - as I hone in on what bag styles I’m drawn to and use the most, I found that top handle satchels with a somewhat structured body is what works best for me (it has to somewhat hold its shape on its own when I put it down).
This bag has a slouch of its own and puddles the second I put it down unless I carrying something that can hold itself up, in which case, the bag has to lean against something, lie flat, or hang off of something. Too fussy.
For a bag with this much slouch factor, I prefer something with a body that is half the size of the “Lindsay” (such as Coach’s discontinued “Sophia”, which is the “Lindsay” but with a shorter body).
It was hard to let such a pretty bag go but once I realized it wasn’t working (and why), I knew it was time to find it a new home where it can be used, loved, and truly shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment