Thursday, October 9, 2014

The second successful purge - summer and winter only items


My second successful purge came about when I decided to tackle smaller areas of my wardrobe such as my summer and winter only items.
From my summer items, I was able to purge:
  • bathing suits that no longer fit me
  • shorts that no longer fit me
  • hats that I somehow accumulated along the way from fundraising events,  giveaways, and the like, including the only hat I ever actually purchased because it ended up getting misshapen from getting wet too many times at the beach
  • visors (hey, they were ‘in’ at one point - you’ll be happy to know I now have none)
  • a bunch of old bags and backpacks that I use strictly for the beach, picnics, and other summer adventures
From my winter accessories, I was able to purge
  • scarves - I had so many scarves and I only recall buying 5 of them!
  • gloves/mittens - I only kept my Olympics 2010 mittens and a pair of hand-made mittens I bought in Nova Scotia that were made from old sweaters
  • old thermals that didn’t fit me any more or that were itchy
  • toques and hats - I’m now left with 2 toques and 2 ‘bucket’ hats for the less chilly days.
The items that remain in my closet are those that look good on me, and in good condition. When each item is used to its last days, I will reassess whether they need to be replaced or not - since I have multiples of some of these items, it is likely that I won’t be replacing them until I hit zero, and for some items, ideally I’d like to own just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment