Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Save or Splurge!


A few years ago I slowly started to 'improve/upgrade' my wardrobe. If money wasn't an option, I'd love to have a wardrobe of high-end pieces but I'm realistic in what I can afford and therefore have to decide which areas of my wardrobe I can allocate my funds to. 
I save on items such as: 
  • costume jewelry 
  • shoes for special occasions (although I do like to own one amazing shoe for those super-extra (rare) fancy events)
  • basic t-shirts or tank tops
  • trendy items (unless they end up being in constant use, in which case, I'll keep my eye out for a better quality version to eventually replace it with)
I am willing to splurge on:
  • daily items I need to last as long as they can (i.e. every day shoes)
  • the rare items that may not get much use of but need them to look fabulous when I do (i.e. cocktail dresses)
  • pieces I find difficult to find and want to avoid re-buying as much as possible
My rule of thumb - spend only what I can afford, and try to get the best deal for anything I buy.  
I should note that my bag and wallet purchases follow a whole different set of rules, but more on that at another time ;)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blog!
    I really like this idea and admire your planning capabilities. Will try to follow in in the future.
    Monika as Tuuli in tpf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tuuli! I really appreciate you taking the time to check this out and leave a message. This blog is pretty inspired by all the topics discussions from in and around tpf so it's nice to see comments from you gals! =)

    ReplyDelete