Tuesday, March 15, 2016

What was once ruined and unwearable, is new again!

2 years ago, I was really hooked on the GAP's broken-in khakis - I loved the fit and comfort, and the casual cool vibe it gave off. Some materials and color were even office appropriate so I purchased 4 pairs. They are now on my 'do not buy' list because I can see myself getting them in every single available color and material. 

My favourite pair was in a beautiful pale blue color called Sandstorm, that I only got to wear 8 times before tragedy struck. I got a stain on it and for some reason, I decided to try to get it out with bleach. Why? You ask - I don't know. Not only did I use bleach, but I haphazardly applied it and obviously my pant ended up with bleached out splotches all over it. To this day, I still wonder what was going on in my head. 

My beloved

I was devastated. I kept it in my closet and desperately attempted to make outfits with them so they would hide the bleach stains. I debated back and forth about whether to get rid of them or keep them and dye them a different color. It saddened me to think about dyeing them since the color itself was why I loved them so much. So there they sat for more than a year, when finally I decided to just go for it. 

What color, I wasn't sure, but the first step was to bleach them and prepare it for possibilities. 

The blank canvas

The eventual color I chose was a beautiful purple, and with the help of my husband, now have a pretty amazing 'new' pair of pants that I know will fit me great. I can't wait to break them out and make new outfits with it!

New love!


After 3 packs of RIT dye

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea, eggtart! I have never dyed any item of clothing but I would definitely be willing to give it a try. I love that you chose such a vibrant color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's really easy and apparently you can even do it in the washer itself. I'm so pleased with the color and can't wait to wear it!

      Delete