Friday, May 22, 2015

My first #ootd post

This is my first "Outfit of the Day" post!

As I get better at putting together outfits, I hope to share with you some of my favourites. 

I put together this look in my Stylebook App and wore it yesterday to the office. I'm very happy with it, especially with my choice in accessories, something that I am really trying  to incorporate into my outfits to enhance them.

PS - that's not how I normally stand, I just wanted to share the shoes ;)



Top | Banana Republic (~3 years old)
Skirt | Banana Republic (4+ years old)
Shoes | Zara (bought July 2014; worn for the first time yesterrday)
Necklace | bought in a store equivalent to Forever 21 during a trip to Malaysia (10+ years ago; only recently started to use it)
Bag | Coach - "Candace" from the Legacy collection
Bracelets | Birks (my ever day bracelet for the last 10 years), Swarovski Stardust collection (recent purchase)
Watch | Seiko (bought last year; my favourite watch)
Trench coat | Banana Republic (~3 years old)

I love this look for several reasons - I'm getting to mix the current mules trend with my safe and work-appropriate pencil skirt outfit; there's a pop of color; I've been mindful to utilize accessories to complete the look; all the colors in the outfit are part of my current color capsule; I'm actually wearing the fun shoes I have instead of just defaulting to my flats; I'm using old and new items; and best of all, it was super comfy and I felt great in it!

3 comments:

  1. This is a great look eggtart! I especially like the bold color of your pencil skirt which is work appropriate, but still unexpected! I also like your choice of accessories; I too am trying to remember to use my accessories to complement outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mimmy! I have been trying to make it a daily goal to use at least one accessory in my outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this collection, I cannot unsee the similarity to Victorian jewellery made from hair. I wrote an article about it, I think you might enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete