Friday, October 30, 2015

Shingles

Yup, I've been sick at home with a freak incident of shingles.

Just a heads up to people, if caught within 72 hours, the doctors can give you a very strong dose of medication that helps to dry up the blisters within 5 days. I had to take 3 pills, 3 times a day for 5 days straight. 

I was lucky enough to catch it in the last few hours of that window and my blisters remained pretty contained, except on the last couple of days on medication my skin started to feel itchy. Don't scratch, just don't do it. On the side where I had my blisters, I did feel some slight pain on my nerves and sometimes I felt things travel along the blisters as if they were popping. Interesting feeling. 

I used aloe vera to ease itchiness and drank a lot of water. I'm just thankful it didn't happen in the dead of summer because I don't' think I could have handled the heat and itchiness. 

I was lucky that none of m blisters actually popped; instead, they receded and dried up within the time I was on the medication.

That's all the insight from my bought of shingles. I hope no one I know ever gets it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment