Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Once you pop, you can't stop...

... or something like that.

Last month I went over my wardrobe budget and had decided to stop, however, I accompanied my friend to my go-to shop and came home with 5 new items =S

I went into the fitting room with 30+ items, in my chosen color palette, all with potential to be part of my carefully selected wardrobe, and whittled it down to 6. I carried 6 throughout the store while I waited another hour for my friend to finish, and eventually put down the vest that I had been debating over.


I didn't buy the vest because, as much as I had been wanting one all season, I couldn't come up with any outfits. One of my unspoken rules is that each item I bring in, must be able to go with at least 3 existing items I already own. It was difficult to let go since it was exactly what I was looking for, but I knew it was the best decision.

One of the tops I bought is this soft wash plaid button-up - I love the colors and can't wait to use it as a layering piece under sweaters and cardigans to show the contrasting plaid; it'll also be great paired with my gray pencils skirts and light gray GAP trousers, as well as jeans and cords. This will also be a replacement piece for my beloved J Crew plaid tunic that I purchased in late 2013 (I've worn it to death and am preparing myself to let it go)


Another top I purchased is this black sleeveless top with a zippered back because I didn't have one. I have been looking for one that is comfortable and not see-through. This is perfect for layering and to be tucked into pants and skirts. Love the dressy look and know it will go with any bottoms. I am complete in my search for dressy sleeveless tops in my color palette - navy, ivory, black, and gray.


I am now 20% over my budget for this year and I must take this seriously, and stop shopping. The only comfort I can give myself is that I finally found the perfect black sleeveless top for me. Moving forward, no excuses, and must exercise constraint and avoid temptation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment