Friday, November 20, 2015

Surprise favourites

Have you ever made a purchase that didn't seem like anything special at the time, but ended up being an unexpected favourite piece? I know my goal is to be making well, thought-out purchases that I love, but sometimes, I just need a shirt.

Then this shirt becomes something I can't part with!

Take for example, this sweater I bought at the Banana Republic outlet - I was looking for a light weight, long sleeved sweater, in light colors so that I could wear across different seasons; this top wasn't meant to be worn for work (I don't have enough tops to wear for the weekends) so I wanted it to be more casually fitted. 


When I first grabbed the shirt I wasn't sure about the stripes or colors but I gave it a shot because I was desperate for casual tops. I tried it on and I still wasn't sure - I wanted a casual fit but after wearing fitted sweaters for so long for work, I wasn't as used to it any more, and the sweater is actually 3 colors (ivory and the stripes are gray and light pink) and I thought it would be hard to match. I bought it anyway. 

The first time I wore it, I paired it with blue, ankle crop jeans, and as simple as that is, it made me fall in love with the top. I don't know why, but I have been wearing it at every opportunity I have. 

White skinny jeans look amazing with it! And even though I bought it to wear outside of the office, it looks great for a business casual outfit with my light slim leg trousers.


No comments:

Post a Comment