Monday, September 1, 2014

The start of my journey to a perfect closet

For years I spent my mornings trying to navigate my closet in hopes to put together a nice ‘outfit’ (read - if I left the house looking boring, that was a good day). No matter how amazing each individual piece was, how neutral the color was, or how ‘easy to wear’ something was, it never worked for me. I never felt I was able to express myself through my clothes and I began to feel uncomfortable, my self-esteem taking a hit.

Last year I conducted a ruthless closet purge and this year I began to mindfully replenish my closet with items that I love, work for me, and somehow allow me to pull together an actual outfit that reflects my style and actually makes me look, dare I say, stylish?   

Follow me as I continue to perfect my wardrobe - I will continue to purge, find better fitting items, experiment with trends, and learn to make my clothes work for me instead of against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment