Friday, January 8, 2016

My wardrobe count going into 2016

It's been well over a year since I started using the Stylebook App and it has definitely helped me to keep focused on my purchases and how often I'm using each item in my wardrobe. 

When I first started using the Stylebook App towards the end of 2014, my wardrobe consisted of:

  • 124 tops (includes sleeveless, blouses, t-shirts, sweaters, sweatshirt/hoodies, blazers)
  • 48 bottoms (includes jeans, shorts, trousers)
  • 25 dresses
  • 53 shoes
  • 17 scarves 
  • 68 bags (including clutches)
  • 17 coats and jackets
  • 32 pieces off active wear (tops, headbands, bottoms, runners)

  • After more than a year of purging and refining, these are my current numbers:

  • 106 tops (includes sleeveless, blouses, t-shirts, sweaters, sweatshirt/hoodies, blazers)
  • 54 bottoms (includes jeans, shorts, trousers)
  • 31 dresses
  • 51 shoes (I previously reported 46 pairs of shoes because I didn't count my one pair of sneakers for running, or a few pairs of shoes that were made specially for my Chinese wedding ceremony when I got married)
  • 16 scarves 
  • 65 bags (including clutches)
  • 18 coats and jackets
  • 22 pieces off active wear (tops, headbands, bottoms, runners)

    Overall, I think I did pretty well - doing this for almost 2 years now I've definitely seen a shift from purging, to learning what works for me, to narrowing things that work really well for me and finally coming to a plateau where I feel comfortable with the items I have. 


    The drop in numbers in my tops came from letting go of graphic-Ts, tops I had been holding on to in hopes to fit into them again in the future, and items that didn't fit as well anymore. Bottoms saw an increase as I slowly replaced wider legged trousers with slim fitted ones and also got some incredible deals on shorts and jeans; I also stocked up a bit on pencil skirts, my work staple. Dresses saw an increase mostly because I brought some that were at my parents home, into my current closet. 
  • 4 comments:

    1. I think you are doing really well at refining your closet, eggtart! For me it is definitely going to be an ongoing process; to be thoughtful in making my purchases, and keeping my impulse buys in check.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank, Mimmy! You and bakeacookie have such amazingly low items counts - would love to eventually get to even half of what I have now.

        Delete
    2. Wow you have a lot of clothes, I have no where near that many. You have done well to cut them down a little bit. The style book app looks great, I googles it and am now considering using it. I also buy a lot of my clothes from the charity shop so its easy to end up with too many pieces.

      Angella Frasier @ 4-Wardrobe

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. The stylebook app is really great, and they now have new features to play with, like a random shuffle to make outfits for you. I really recommend it, I have a lot of fun with it, and it helps to keep me in check.

        Delete