Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Wardrobe goals for 2016

Last year I worked hard on making more focused purchases and tried to make sure that each item I brought in would make at least 3 outfits. I also continued to purge and focused on letting go of items that could be substituted with other items, and didn't rush into making any purchases until I found the perfect pieces.

My goals for 2016 are to:
  • Not purchase any shoes, and continue to let go of more, with the ultimate goal to own 25 pairs of shoes
  • Continue to work on using the things I love and not worry about them getting ruined
  • Continue to shop within my collection of bags and wallets, and let go of 10 items
  • Stay within my budget of $1,000, and again, not include any major investment pieces or bags
  • Have 4 purchase-free months
  • Continue to purge so I can consolidate all my items into 1 closet
  • Build a 'rainy day' fund by selling any items that may have some value to use towards a pre-loved Louis Vuitton Speedy 35/40.

2016 Wishlist and "needs" (these items are exceptions to any 'do not' buy lists):
  • Black wedge ankle boots 
  • Gray leather bag 
  • Gray wool winter coat
  • Navy sheath dress
  • Pre-loved Speedy 35/40
  • Black sheath dress
'Do not buy' list: 
  • Trousers and Khakis
  • Shoes
  • Bags, wallets and small pouches
  • Jeans

2 comments:

  1. I am very impressed with your list of goals. I like the way you have organized them with your "wishlist" and "do not buy" list. I'm also working on wearing clothes that I like instead of saving them for best or special occasions but its hard when you are trying not to ruin them!

    Angella Frasier @ 4-Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it is hard but baby steps, right? =) My blog has now moved to www.perfectingmycloset.com - I have moved your comment over as well. I hope you will pop over there for updates.

      Delete