Saturday, December 6, 2014

FINALLY!!! - Knee high boots that fit me!!!

This post may be THE most exciting one for me because I'm so so SO happy to share that I have been able to find knee high boots that will zip up over my calves. I kid you not, I have been searching for almost 10 years - every knee high boot I've ever tried on would never zip up over my calves (even at my skinniest at 125lbs). 

I was commuting to work on Thursday when I came across an ad for the Hudson Bay's "Bay Days" where they have one day sales on selected items, which on that day were 50% off all boots. I never paid much attention to these but for some reason decided to check it out during lunch and thought, "maybe I'll see if I can find knee high boots," which is something I stopped even dreaming about. It must have been fate because I found beauties: 


With a little oomph, they zipped up all the way, and when on, did not feel tight at all. I unzipped them and tried again (just to be sure I wasn't just forcing them too much) and they were actually easier to zip than the first time. 

Black. Gold hardware. Leather. FIT ME. Everything I could ask for. Also, I was happy that they were Lauren by Ralph Lauren so I do have some comfort that the quality will be relatively good and hold up for a while as it may be the only time I will ever find knee high boots that fit again. The icing on the cake was that they were half off, so I paid only $95 for these!!!

I already inputted them into my Stylebook App and began making outfits with them. These are a few of my favourites:



2 comments:

  1. These boots are gorgeous! I love the outfits that you have styled with them, sometimes everything just aligns perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mimmy! I actually wore the first outfit this weekend for a casual time, downtown with my cousin. The weather was perfect for it and I finished the look off with my purple Burberry jacket and blue Dooney & Bourke crossbody (and of course tights to keep me warm =))

      Delete