Monday, December 8, 2014

Jewelry purge and goal

Jewelry is an area where I personally find easy to own a lot of yet difficult to work into my daily outfits. I know a lot of fashion advice tells us that by changing up our jewelry, we can easily change up our look. This is really difficult for me as I'm admittedly lazy and rushed in the mornings and can't imagine having to add more brainpower to getting myself out the door. 

I have my daily jewelry which consist of my wedding and engagement rings, two bracelets on my left arm, two Pandora rings on my right hand, diamond studs, and a necklace with a family charm and a jade Buddha hanging from them. I wear these every day and only change them when I have an event that requires a little bit more. 

The 'little bit more' is where I plan to focus my attention - I did a major purge of my jewelry (not including fine jewelry or family pieces) at the beginning of the year and even tried to re-purpose a few items into bag fobs or other pieces that I may wear more. Now that I've minimized my collection, I'm trying to incorporate one piece into my outfits and force myself to change up my daily pieces. 

I still get lazy some days but I have noticed that a necklace really does spruce up an outfit and take it to the next level. Below are some of the pieces I've been able to use on a more regular basis. 



Left to right: navy and silver link 'Guess' necklace, a blue smoothed glass necklace (gift from husband from his latest trip to Nova Scotia), black 'J Crew' bangle, rose gold 'Coach' bangle, silver Tiffany & Co. mesh bracelet) 



4 comments:

  1. This topic really resonates with me eggtart! Now that I have my closet in order, I need to work on my jewelry too! I also wear wedding and engagement rings, diamond studs, gold bracelet and a simple stainless steel watch (for counting pulse and respiration if need be) everyday. I think I am doing a good job accessorizing with bags, belts and scarves, so now on to jewelry. I am going to use your idea and pick some pieces to start off with; this is a great idea! I can then branch out from there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you've been doing a great job with your belts and scarves, especially belts! I've been inspired by your looks to add a thin leopard calf-hair one to my arsenal. I'd also one day like to add a brown belt. I'm really picky about belts (I have no idea why) so after my purge many years ago, I only own 3 and I use them all the time.

      Delete
  2. Thanks eggtart! I just added a thin belt in cobalt blue to my collection! Think that makes no.14, I may need to join belts anonymous soon! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Can't wait to see the outfits you make with your new belt! Should be really sharp looking. Now you're making me want a cobalt belt because I can see that looking really good against just a simple black sheath dress, which is pretty much my go-to item for work. *brain spinning*

      Delete