Tuesday, July 7, 2015

We're halfway through 2015 - let's re-cap!

We're starting the third quarter now, and halfway through the year! How am I doing with this year's goals? Let's take a look!

My goals for 2015 are to:
  • continue to downsize the number of shoes I have - I purged a lot this year but there are still some that I can let go of. Also, I won't be replacing a number of them when they wear through. Since my purchases in the first quarter I added my first pair of Converse to my collection. 
  • continue to work on using the things I love and not worry about them getting ruined. This is still going well, especially in the shoes department!
  • build a capsule wardrobe for each month - unlike some capsule wardrobe challenges, I'm not limiting the number of items I will use but I will make sure the amount is reasonable. In the second quarter, I attempted a color capsule instead and it's a lot easier! The hot weather did put a minor wrench in it as I wasn't prepared for such heat, so I did have to ditch my designated monthly color a bit and mix it up so I could wear lighter material items.
  • continue to shop out of my bag and wallet collection and implement a one-in, one-out rule.  I still have not bought a single bag or wallet so far =) To-date, I've let go of 1 card case.
  • rotate through all my wallets throughout the year. Through my wallet rotations, I'm on my 5th wallet this year; second key holder (using a Coach skinny now); and have used 35 different bags at least once.
  • use jewelry more to accessorize my daily outfits. Getting better at this =) I've been pretty consistent since the first quarter and even purchased 2 new bracelets to add to the mix. 
  • continue to purge, re-fine, and down-size my wardrobe. Continuing!
  • budget $1,000 for wardrobe purchases (not including investment pieces that may replace current wardrobe staples). After 2 quarters, I am currently only $5 over my yearly budget.
  • downsize the number of jackets and coats. Surprisingly, by time we finished the second quarter, I had managed to let go of 3 jackets/coats in total. I'm still at 15 jackets/coats, but pleased to see I'm getting closer to my goal of owning only 10.
  • use the bags I weren't able to use in 2014 - if I don't use them again in 2015, consider letting them go. So far I've used 2 that I didn't use last year and have 30 left to go; fun fact: of that, there are 6 bags I didn't use in 2014 either.  
  • have some purchase-free months. So far only March has been purchase-free.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! what colors do you usually stick to? I'm aiming for a general wardrobe of very neutral tones and then mixes of color for summer.

    ReplyDelete