Friday, July 3, 2015

June color capsule summary and showcase!

So, early into June, N and I decided that we had to stray from our color capsule plan - we had originally thrown in different shades of blue into the mix. The reasons being (1) since neither of us planned to do capsule wardrobes this year, we didn't account for materials in the hot season - what we owned in our chosen colors were just too hot for us; and (2) summer is for COLOR!

Here are my outfits - 

I've highlighted my favourite outfits


Here are N's oufits - 


Love her red and blue blazers! so sharp looking! A brighter blazer for spring and summer is on my radar as a future purchase, or a cream/ivory vest.


So far through my capsule experiences, and in general, I have learned that:

  • I need more blouses - I am always at a loss for what to wear on top when I'm not wearing a dress and it's maddening in the mornings. I just need a few more in some basic colors and make sure they are lightweight so they can serve dual purpose in the warmer weather, and also as layering pieces when it gets colder.
  • I may need to re-organize my closet, or considering storing my seasonal items completely away - people were right when they said even though you know you won't use an item, just having it in view, is distracting.
  • I like longer blazers - the ones I have now are fine, but I will be on the look-out for longer ones when my current ones need replacing, or exercise the one-in-one-out rule.
  • The mint green blouse I bought this month from Banana has become a fast favourite! And the light colored blazer I was having difficulties wearing in previous years is now easier to wear and getting lots of use. (Just have to figure out the gray pinstripe blazer now... any ideas? =S)

No comments:

Post a Comment