Friday, September 25, 2015

Do you still fit?

I live in a country with 4 seasons so most of my clothing only gets worn 50% of the time. When the seasons change and I start to bring out my seasonal clothing, I hold my breath as I try everything on again, and pray that they still fit. It's nerve wrecking. 

The things I worry about the most are outerwear, pants and skirts; especially outerwear for me this year because last year I spent quite a bit of cha-ching to upgrade a few of my coats and jackets - luckily, now that we've come full circle, they still fit. Talk about a sigh of relief. 

The next thing I was worried about were my corduroys - I bought them in January of this year and lived in them. I couldn't wait to break them out again but I was a bit worried because in January I had lost some weight and have gained a little bit of it back since then (although I felt I looked smaller; it really could have gone either way) and these are a more snug fit - luckily they still fit but in the last couple of weeks, I've definitely put a few pounds on due to celebrations and visitors. 

This stress/worry of fitting into things again is not my cup of tea - I remember the days of my youth when things would fit all the time, maybe even perhaps too long. Changes must be made!...

Which, falls in line with another life goal of mine: to maintain a healthy body type. I'm considered overweight for my height and ethnicity, and while I'm not aiming to look like a wafer, I do want to be tone and feel strong. Purchasing these pricey pieces has helped to give me another reason to work towards this goal so I that I no longer have to fear asking the question: do you still fit?

No comments:

Post a Comment