Friday, September 18, 2015

Review: Rocky Mountain Soap butters, hand lotion and deodorant


I want to do a follow-up post - earlier in the year I found these products and I have finally used the last of them. I wanted to share my experience with those who might by considering a change, or are curious. 

I chose these products due to their organic and toxin-free ingredients and this is fantastic for my sensitive skin. 

The body and hand butters - I originally was very excited about the packaging of these but after getting down towards the end of the tube, I wasn't too thrilled. It actually falls off easily towards the end and the way the butter is packed into the tube, there is actually a lot of wasted butter. If the bottom part of the package hadn't fallen out and rolled onto the gross floor, I could have scooped it out and still used it. The butter itself was great for my legs because they get suuuuper dry; I don't quite like it for the rest of my body though as it does get heavy and doesn't spread easily. The smell though, is really amazing. The hand butter, same deal, but it's a bit too greasy for my liking. 

The hand lotion - love the smell of it but I find the texture to be a bit on the thin side. It's great if you have normal hands that aren't very dry like mine, but for myself, I need something that is a bit heavier but not greasy (the hand butter is a bit too greasy; I put it on the top of my hand and it's ok). I have to reapply this frequently. The packaging leaves a lot of waste when you get to the end so I do suggest cutting the top of it off and scoop out the rest of it - I was able to get almost a week of use from what was left in the tube. 

(Yes, in case you haven't noticed, I am big on packaging and waste of product)

The deodorant - I am still un-decided about how I feel about this. I love the roller-ball packaging but I'm not sure if it's effective. The smell is nice and fresh, the feel of it is very nice and cooling and doesn't leave a wet feeling after application for too long. Later on in the day, the smell of it doesn't smell the same (I'm sure due to me sweating) but it doesn't leave me smelling bad - just different. I might try another scent and come back to review this particular item. 

Overall - I would get the body butter for travel purposes because it's very compact, and I'd keep a travel size one in my bag for emergency dry-skin problems. For every day use, I'd probably use it at night so the butter has time to absorb into my skin. I won't buy the hand butter or lotion again. 

They have toxin-free days where they give away samples of products - I received a lavender face mask this week and look forward to trying it. I will continue to explore their products - I'm looking forward to trying their lip-balms when I'm done with all of mine I'm trying to get through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment