Friday, December 11, 2015

How did I do with my wishlist?

To try to keep myself focused on purchasing the things that I was specifically looking for, I made a 2015 wish list of 'needs'
  • leopard calf-hair bag or clutch
  • find and stock up on good quality tights
  • black wedge ankle boots
  • a gray leather bag 
  • gray wool winter coat
  • leopard print, calf-hair belt
  • gray jeans to replace my current pair - they are beginning to look in need of replacing and since they are a major staple in my wardrobe, I want to start looking early to find the 'perfect' pair
  • navy sheath dress
How did I do? 

Well, the only things I actually bought were tights (it's also probably the closest thing to an actual 'need') and the leopard print, calf-hair belt. The belt has been an amazing addition to my wardrobe and I've already used it 9 times since I bought it in May, and with the fantastic price I got it for, its cost per wear is less than a $1

As for the other items - I either couldn't find the 'perfect' item, or realized that what I already owned was working great enough that I didn't feel I was missing anything, or changed my mind about them. I am really happy about this because it means I am being more thoughtful about my purchases, not compromising on exactly what I am looking for, and most importantly, I feel I am learning more about what I own and doing a much better job of utilizing everything.
  • leopard calf-hair bag or clutch - I really want one, but with the help of some lovely ladies, I realize that if I were to get one, I'd probably be quite worried about carrying it in the weather we get; I also have a black and white, spotted, calf hair clutch and a crossbody that make for great substitutions, not to mention, found at complete steals!
  • black wedge ankle boots - still haven't found the perfect pair and I am not willing to compromise on this. Also since, I want to pare down more on the number of shoes I own, I am happy to wait.
  • a gray leather bag - still haven't found the perfect shade of gray
  • gray wool winter coat - didn't come across the perfect one
  • gray jeans to replace my current pair - I didn't actually wear my gray jeans that much this year, so they're still intact and can probably last another year or two.
  • navy sheath dress - I've tried on several and none of them were the 'perfect' one.
Next year,  I think my 'needs' list is going to be a  bit different.

1 comment:

  1. No, because the metallic bag is actually more of a yellow/white gold tinge. I think it's just hard to capture the color with the reflection and lighting.

    ReplyDelete