Tuesday, February 17, 2015

I've found my new go-to dress pant: GAP's true straight pants

Up until 2014, I bought all my dress pants from Banana Republic and I would choose cuts with a wider pant leg. The previous year, I purchased a few slimmer fitting pants for spring and summer to wear with sandals and flats and fell in love - they are much more figure flattering and more versatile in terms of what shoes I could pair them with - flats, sandals, heels, wedges, they all looked great and because I could get them at ankle length, they didn't require any hemming (which is a HUGE plus in my books).

As luck would have it, early in 2014, I had to replace a pair of black dress pants so I went on the look-out for a nice fitting, price friendly, replacement and found myself loving the GAP's true straight pants. There were no sales going on at the time but that day the GAP was offering $15 off their dress pants so I gave them a shot.

When I tried them on, they fit perfectly, and were sooo comfortable - I was tempted to purchase more in other 'boardroom' colors but as I'm working on minimalism, only purchased what I needed. Plus, I wanted to know how they would hold up for a period of time. I wore them regularly throughout the year and they have been great. No fading in color, holds up well during wash and wear, no sagging or shrinking, and the best part is I don't have to hem them if I purchase from their 'short (A/C)' fit.


One of the last items I purchased in December included a pair in light gray for a fantastic price - it was on sale for $33.99 with an additional half off; I really couldn't say no to that. I did go home and put a pair of super wide-leg dress pants into the donations pile. One-in, one-out is my general rule of thumb!

I would love to add a dark gray and navy pair but I still have those in a wider pant leg that work perfectly fine so I will leave them be for now and only replace them if I come across another fantastic deal, or my current ones need replacing, or I've lost weight.

2 comments:

  1. These pants look great, eggtart! I am always on the hunt for pants that I don't have to hem. Next time I am at the Gap, I will check these out. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mimmy. Coincidentally, I am wearing them today and still can't get over how comfortable they are.

      Delete