Friday, February 27, 2015

February's comings and goings

What came in:
  • 4 pairs of new shoes from Nine West and Townshoes (ugh, on the last day I came across these pony-hair black wedges for a steal - just couldn't pass them up =S). I am NOT doing well in the shoe department.
What went out:
  • 1 black cardigan/bolero
  • 1 card holder - I finally was able to sell my teal Cole Haan cardholder. I will miss this piece as it was a great color but it did add some bulk to my bags; the 2 remaining cardholders work better for me as they are the slim kind.
  • wristband - don't ask haha
  • 1 scarf - another scarf gone! I hummed and haahed about this one because it was a great mix of blues but I've only worn it twice since I bought it 5 years ago.
  • capsule wardrobeThis year I thought I would try implementing a capsule wardrobe, and I decided to do it by month. January went well; February started out well; upon my return from my trip, I gave up. I gave up because I missed wearing a lot of my clothing and I don't think I'm at a point in my wardrobe count where I won't be distracted by other items I want to wear. I think, until I am able to pare down more, where more of my favourite clothing is in constant cycle, a capsule wardrobe won't work yet. I will revisit the capsule wardrobe again, but for now, it's another wardrobe lesson learned =)

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand your shoe purchases, eggtart. I love shoes! I think the shoes you added to your closet are great wardrobe additions. I also understand how it would be difficult to stick to a capsule wardrobe for a whole month. Your blog has helped me to pare down my closet too. I am sometimes just removing 1 to 3 items, but I know in the long run, this will still help!

    ReplyDelete