Tuesday, February 3, 2015

January's comings and goings/ February's capsule wardrobe and bag of-the-month

In January, I let go of: 
  • 1 scarf - it was actually a 'second chances' item - I just don't like it anymore
  • 1 pair of dress pants - it is a wider leg pant and I am slowly making my way towards slimmer fitting pants for work
  • 1 top - replaced it with my recent GAP plaid top that I like more
  • 1 sweater - I just don't feel the same about it anymore
  • 1 bag - not from my main collection - it was a bag I purchased in university and I had been using it as a beat-around bag, even though it's handles were showing large amounts of wear
  • 1 perfume - I sold it! One of my minimalism goals is to have only 2 perfumes in rotation and now I have 3 in current rotation and one unopened (which was a wedding gift from my sister-in-law - it's a Hello Kitty wedding themed perfume!)
  • 1 coat - finally donated one of the winter coats I was debating on letting go of last year. I did take from it its fur trim from the hood since it was easily detachable and doesn't look like anything is missing from it - I attached the trim to another coat that can't bring myself to let go of yet, to spruce it up
  • 1 money clip - I gave my Gucci money clip to my guy bff - I'm SO happy to pass this on to someone who will enjoy using it; I bought it in my university days for clubbing and only used it a few times (it wasn't an ideal purchase as I thought it would be) and have been feeling guilty about not using it enough. 
8 items out of my wardrobe, and dropped off my bag of donations of household goods, books, and other random things. 

In January, I brought in:
  • 1 bag - not purchased, but given to me by same guy bff: it is a canvas tote from Indigo of sizable proportions with detachable shoulder strap. It will be taking the place of the bag I just let go of but its condition and style will let me use it for other occasions

  • 1 pair of tan Uggs - I have been waiting for my pair (mine are gray) to be completely unwearable before I replaced them but my mom recently bought a pair of boots she liked better and gave me her Uggs that she had only worn a few times  ~Thanks, Mom!~
  • 1 scarf - it was a gift and hand-made by a close family friend, in a beautiful torquise-y/teal color - love it!
  • 3 pairs of tights - I really needed to replace my old ones, and I got them on sale =) I don't count these as additions to my wardrobe since they're sort of like socks, but I am reporting them to keep myself accountable for the things that I do buy
  • 1 wool coat - I found a beautiful camel colored wool coat at Nordstrom and jumped on a chance to buy a quality, neutral colored coat.
3 items into my wardrobe (cost me NOTHING!), 3 pairs of the same item that is a wardrobe staple needing of replacement , and a neutral colored coat (which I see as an upgrade and a long lasting wardrobe staple) 

February is going to be an interesting month as I will be visiting my husband and in-laws in Nova Scotia for a week. I have picked 2 very small capsules for this short month - one for home, and one for travel.

Again, no app for me to post pictures, but here is what I have picked out for my time at home - 




My bag this month will be my much-loved and used blue Coach saffiano leather tote - she is one of the easiest bags in my collection. She fits easily over my shoulders, carries tons of stuff and because she has some structure to her, I don't find myself digging through a black hole; I love her color and especially love that I don't have to worry about her when I carry her in the rain or on transit - the color and material seems to just be scratch and dirt-proof. I love her so much that I have her in white and brown for the summer (although I admit, the white is less user-friendly because I will worry about getting anything on her haha). 




1 comment:

  1. I really like the additions to your wardrobe, eggtart. The camel coat is gorgeous and the Uggs your Mom gave you, match it so well. Your guy bff's bag looks great and functional too. The blue on your tote is lovely, and of course I love the HK charm. I don't count tights either, but I like how you mentioned them to keep yourself accountable. Great job on letting things go too!

    ReplyDelete