Friday, February 6, 2015

Review of January's bags

In January I took to testing out a bag that I didn't use in 2014. It was my black Kate Spade Wellesley Elena tote - After a month of using her for work I have decided to keep her (at least for now). She was originally purchased for work and she has lived up to her standards. After using her for so long on a regular basis, she is much easier to carry than I remembered and the only thing that keeps me from loving her 100% is that she is very structured and I'm used to having some saggy-ness in my bags. All in all though, I love looking at her and since I find her much easier to carry now, I will be keeping her.


Weekends are when I switched out my bags for smaller bags and the first weekend, I switched into my white gold Cole Haan "Village II" zip satchel - I love this bag. It's size, versatile color and convertible wear (hand-held, or shoulder/crossbody) makes this one of my favourite bags in my closet. Not to mention, I got it at a steal last year and its cost per wear is well into the single digits.  




For my second weekend, I was spending it at my parents and didn't need much so I decided to go for my Coach small hobo (I think from the Soho collection) in brown leather - this was a bag that I was trying to sell in 2014, but with no success, I tried to use her again and found her to be quite comfortable. I mostly use larger bags (the usual size of my bags are at least the size of the Cole Haan mentioned above) so this is quite a stretch for me. I have learned how to use it and it now works great - in fact, I ended up using her for most of the remaining weekends in January. While I won't be buying any more bags in this size or style, I am glad I did not part with this beauty because her leather is phenomenal and I love watching her leather change. 


No comments:

Post a Comment