Tuesday, April 14, 2015

April purchases

Last week I went to Banana Republic for a little window shopping and came home with two great finds!


 

I mentioned in a past post that I have issues with wearing items that tie around my waist, due to a short waist. I should note that, while those don't work, dresses with an elastic waist work wonders for me. I love this one because it's light weight and sleek looking, and my favourite thing in the world for dress and skirts - POCKETS!!! This item is not fussy in cut or color, and I know it will look classic for years to come. I look forward to pairing it with bold color shoes, and pulling a sweater over top when the temperature drops.


I LOVE this sweatshirt. I've already broken it in and can already tell it is going to be a favourite. I love so many things about it - the feel of it, the lack of a hood, the price I got it at ($8.99!!!), and especially the finish - I don't know if you can tell but it has a slight sheen/metallic look to it (it's called a 'foil' sweatshirt) and it just looks so much more grown-up than any other sweatshirt or hoodie I currently own. It has made me want to clear out more of my sweatshirts and hoodies. 

Both items are in-line with my color capsule and will work for multiple seasons, as well as professional and casual outfits (I love the pairing of the sweatshirt with a skirt - maybe an idea for business casual Fridays); I'm so pleased!


No comments:

Post a Comment