Friday, April 17, 2015

Re-purposing - iPod case as a mini wallet

As much as I have been enjoying letting go of things that don't work, I have also enjoyed looking at items in a different light to see if I can find new love in them, or re-purpose them. 

Some of you know that I have been pondering the purchase of an LV zippy wallet for more than a year now to use as a mini-wallet in my clutches and smaller bags - I don't think I will be making that purchase any more as I have found the perfect solution to not just one, but TWO problems!

Behold!


My Christian Dior iPod case - I tracked this baby down and managed to get my hands on it when a friend made a trip to China and picked up the last one in the store!



Now, this item holds a special place in my heart because (1) we've all been there, the 'chase is part of the fun!' and (2) it taught me a lesson - never to buy designer tech cases because technology just changes too fast to get good value out of it. The case, unfortunately, outlasted my iPod (screen no longer works and the newer models don't fit) and I was left having spent too much money for something that I used too little, and up until now, sat in my drawer for 5 years. 


However, this piece has a happy ending! - I managed to re-purpose this and use it as a mini-wallet! The spot for the iPod is very, very close to the size of cards and when full, all fits nice and snug, and closes perfectly! It actually has a lot of room so for the OCD in me, is better than any mini wallet out there - as you can see, from above, there are 2 slots for the cards I need easy access too, and the place where the iPod is supposed to be, is wide enough for numerous cards. 



Now, I have a pretty unique, dare I say, one-of-a-kind, mini wallet that fits ALL of my stuff and doesn't leave me feeling like I've left anything behind; don't have to make another purchase; and it's by Christian Dior, to boot! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment