Friday, April 3, 2015

First quarter re-cap!

I like to re-visit my goals on a regular basis to see my progress, and reflect on how I've been tackling them. As we start the second quarter of the year, below is a re-cap of my wardrobe goals that I posted earlier this year to see how I've been doing.  


My goals for 2015 are to:
  • continue to downsize the number of shoes I have - I purged a lot this year but there are still some that I can let go of. Also, I won't be replacing a number of them when they wear through. I purchased 4 pairs of shoes and my mom gave me 3 pairs of near-new shoes that she can no longer wear due to spurs. I removed a pair of sneakers and runners from my wardrobe. I'm struggling to minimize or maintain the size of my shoe collection - this year, shoes seem to be my weakness  and I'm working on reeling my self-control back in, and continuing to pare down.
  • continue to work on using the things I love and not worry about them getting ruined. This is going well! 
  • build a capsule wardrobe for each month - unlike some capsule wardrobe challenges, I'm not limiting the number of items I will use but I will make sure the amount is reasonable. Decided that with the number of items I currently have in my wardrobe, this isn't practical - I found myself missing certain items. I will need to pare down more before I can attempt capsules again so that I can get more wear out of all my clothes.
  • continue to shop out of my bag and wallet collection and implement a one-in, one-out rule.  Haven't bought a single bag or wallet so far - in fact, I let 2 SLGs go, didn't bring in anything new, and re-purposed a tech case into a mini-wallet.
  • rotate through all my wallets throughout the year. So far, I have used 2 different wallets, and 10 different bags.
  • use jewelry more to accessorize my daily outfits. I got a bit lazy, but working on this more and also let a few costume jewelry rings go.
  • continue to purge, re-fine, and down-size my wardrobe. Continuing!
  • budget $1,000 for wardrobe purchases (not including investment pieces that may replace current wardrobe staples). Aside from my Burberry coat (investment piece), I am $26 over my quarterly limit. 
  • downsize the number of jackets and coats. Donated one jacket, bought one investment coat, and was given 2 coats. At this point in time, I don't know what I will be doing since I now have a pretty good variety of jackets and coats. I think this category will need some major re-evaluation at the end of the year.
  • use the bags I weren't able to use in 2014 - if I don't use them again in 2015, consider letting them go. So far I've used 3 and they turned out to be keepers.
  • have some purchase-free months. March was purchase-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment