Friday, August 7, 2015

4 seasons

When you're trying to minimize the number of items you own, living in a 4 season country makes things a little bit difficult. 

As I am trying to pare down what I own, I've found some items that work really well throughout all seasons.

Sheath dresses - my best friend. I rave about these on a regular basis (mostly because I'm a self-admitted, lazy dresser) but I've found they're just great for all temperatures. As-is plus some sandals make a great and easy light-weight look for spring and summer, and when it gets colder, I like to add a dress shirt underneath, or a sweater over top (the sweater over top look works really well because the 'skirt' part showing looks like a really well fitted pencil skirt and I don't need to re-adjust at all)


2 of my favourites, and most worn from my closet



Cardigans - a variety of materials and lengths are great for adding layers. I'm not exactly there yet, but if I really wanted to go to extreme lengths of minimalism, I would only keep/incorporate ivory cardigans in two different lengths and materials. I feel they work well in warmer weather because of the light color, but also in the colder months because it gives that winter wonderland sort of feel. Overall, ivory seems to be a great neutral.


Crop tops - now this one I JUST discovered but love it already. I'm not a crop top kind of person - I don't have the body, youth or guts to wear one haha, but I accidentally came across the perfect crop top for ME, that gave me an idea to wear it over top some of my more 'top revealing' dresses so that I could get double-duty out of them, and wear them to work. I not only managed to get a new arsenal of 'skirts' from my dresses, but also, got a top that works really well with pencil skirts where I don't have to tuck anything in. It's a boxier cut, so in the winter, I can even use it as a layer similar to a sweater vest, to give me extra warmth. 

I love that it's not super short so if I ever go on vacation,
I could wear it as an actual crop top and not feel self-conscious. 
I'll be posting more '4 season' posts in the future with more details and different outfits I put together  - stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment