Friday, August 14, 2015

One person's trash ....

... is another person's treasure. 

I've always dreamed of finding amazing vintage pieces. Where I live, the selection is hardly anything to write home about (so why am  I writing about it here...? Hrm....). Nevertheless, I never give up, and on one of my trips to drop off donations at my local Value Village, I decided to take a wander. 

I found THIS - 



A Christian Dior 'Poison' scarf/handkerchief/pocket square - I did some Google-ing while  was there to see what could be found about it, or how likely it is a fake, but what little research I found, tells me that it is likely a gift with purchase with the perfume, back in the 1980s. 

THRILLED. It is in perfect condition and even though there was a price tag punched through it, I easily managed to rub it out and it looks flawless. 

Best of all, I found it for $3.99 + 30% (because of my previous donations, I filled up my stamp card to receive a discount on an entire purchase). This put me back a total of $2.79 =) 

I will probably frame it 

2 comments:

  1. This is a great find, eggtart! I like the idea of framing it!

    ReplyDelete