Tuesday, August 4, 2015

"When one door closes, another door opens... "

"... but we so often look so long and regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

He's right. 

It took me a long time to let go of my Cole Haans (and to be honest, ever since they have been sitting in the donations bag, I have had to hold myself back from putting them back into my collection) but this weekend, I was able to justify bringing a new pair of shoes into my collection (one-in, one-out rule!) and have found new love and a new summer wardrobe staple.

Behold - my new Franco Sarto Venezia flats!!! 

 

I bought these on Saturday on a way to a party because the sandals I was wearing at the time were really cutting into me (the fate of that one will have to be decided at a later time) and I happen to be at the mall picking up some last minute things and thought I would just check to see if they have something more comfortable for a low price. I found these beauties for a great price - $39.99 and couldn't past them up. They are so comfortable and a great shade of gray (maybe taupe?) to be a definite wardrobe staple for me. I couldn't ask for more. 

This is my first venture into Franco Sarto shoes (I've heard great things before) and definitely would want to look into this as a go-to brand (I'm very brand loyal, if you haven't noticed already).

6 comments:

  1. I got them from The Shoe Company, part of the Designer Shoe Warehouse family. I've worn them everyday so far and am really happy with them. I rarely venture out of my comfort zone with brands, especially with shoes because you just never know what you're going to get when it comes to pain haha... but I would definitely add this brand onto my list of consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adore your shoes! In fact, I like them so much that I spent an entire evening on the internet looking for them. Unfortunately I couldn't find them online, but I ordered a similar pair (also Franco Sarto) in mint green with a ruffled top on Amazon. Can't wait for them to arrive. I'm in Amsterdam so it will take another week:-(
    BTW I really like reading your blog. It's very inspiring since I'm also trying to downsize my clothes and other miscelleneous stuff. I've read Marie Kondo's book about tidying up and I love reading the posts about it on TPF (that's where I found the link to your blog).
    Anyway, enough rambling;) Good luck with your blog and perfecting your closet!

    Barbara
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, when they arrive, please do share what yours look like, or please share a link here, or tpf! Mint sounds soooo pretty, especially for spring and summer - I'm excited for you!! =D

      Thank you for your kind comments about my blog <3 - I've really enjoyed updating it and I think the blog process is keeping me committed to purging and streamlining not only my closet, but life in general. I have to be accountable now since its' out in the open hahaha.

      I also love reading about minimalism and tidying and can spend hours watching youtube videos on how people revamp their closets or their before and after purging results haha. I just KonMari'd my sweatshirts and sweaters last weekend haha.

      Delete
    2. What is your tpf username? Or you can PM me there haha - I want to see your new shoes if you post them!

      Delete
  3. Haha, me too! I love watching videos about other people's closets. Earlier this year I KonMari'd by bedroom. I replaced three small closets that didn't fit together with one medium sized closet, filled only with items that 'spark joy'. I repainted the room and changed my bedsheets to only whites. Also white curtains and one green plant. It's now my favorite room in the house. Sometimes I even go to bed early to read a book and enjoy the 'Zen ness' of the room.

    I live in a tiny appartment and over the past months I've purged a lot of stuff that doesn't serve a purpose (why keep 12 breakfast plates and 8 free coffee mugs with advertisement on it in a 2 person household?) and doesn't make me happy. I love coming home in a clean house with more open space where not every cupboard is crammed with stuff. It really is liberating.

    My TPF username is BraatjeB. I don't post a lot, but I check in almost every day to read the posts, especially in the wardrobe forum. Everyone is really nice and supportive of each other, it really is a lovely little community.

    When the shoes arrive, I'll PM you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you about living in a small space - I share a less-than-800SF condo with my husband who has his own collection - transformers.. he has 4,000 of them but luckily only ('only') 500 are in our condo. This year we are working on letting go of things and it's just such a good feeling!

      Yes, I am so happy I decided to be an active member on tpf - so many lovely people, and of course clothing and bags haha. Looking forward to seeing your new shoes! =D

      Delete