Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Time to replace: my trend wardrobe staple, leopard flats with loafers

My leopard print flats were originally purchased in 2012 as an item of trend. I wasn't keen on animal prints at the time but somehow these shoes captured my eye and I decided to give them a try. The first time I wore them, I fell in love and reserved them only for indoor wear at my office. After a year, I began to wear them every where and they soon became an integral part of my wardrobe. 

Cole Haan leopard flats
Now, in 2015, they are looking sad; the heels are worn down and the sole is beginning to part from the shoe and I'm sure it is only a matter of time before there will be an actual hole in it. The calf-hair has rubbed off on a few areas, but over all, it still looks great from far away. Yes, I have still been wearing them - I can't help myself, I just love them too much not to, and I need them in my life. I've been looking for the next perfect pair to replace them and so far, have had no luck. 


On Saturday,  while on the search for a new pair, I magically found some pretty amazing shoes at the Shoe Company - Town Shoes Tapered Loafers, made in Italy, for $80, originally selling for $160 (online they are on sale for $111.98). 


Town Shoes Tapered Loafer, made in Italy

I tried them on and they felt like butter; I loved them immediately but felt bad because I just purchased some black flats, 5 days ago. Considering I found them for $80 and they are very different from other shoes I own, I decided to take them home to see how they would fit in my wardrobe, and return them if it didn't work. I replaced all my outfits that had my leopard flats with these shoes, and they looked amazing; some looked even better than with the leopard! 

Conclusion - They stay. But, they stay on the condition that they are now my new trend wardrobe staple - one-in one-out rule! 

And I am banned from buying any shoes this year, and next year!

My dear leopard flats - you have been absolutely amazing and have opened my eyes and wardrobe to a whole new world. I will never forget you. You showed me how animal prints can give an outfit some oomph without being overwhelming, and can help complete an outfit - I am ever so grateful. You'e also shown me that it's worth the wait to find the perfect pair, so for the time being, I am substituting you with something entirely different until I can find the perfect pair that has brought me so much joy, as you have.

For my next pair, I'd ideally like more of a pointed toe, and it would be great if it could also have gold hardware.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely take a look.. although I am on a shoe ban right now.. My birthday is coming up.. gifts don't count right? haha. If all else fails, I have me leopard pumps to hold me over for a while but life is so much easier when running around in flats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know how you feel when something you love has been worn to death and it's time to retire that specific item. I love a good leopard print, but it's a bit much for me personally. So I prefer your new shoes; very classic and they go with everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Since I've been wearing my loafers, I don't feel the void that my leopard flats have left me, as much haha. I think I'll be able to live without them ;)

      Delete