Friday, January 16, 2015

Mid-month update for January capsule wardrobe

I hope everyone has been having a fantastic January! - January is always an exciting time for me as I can hit the re-start button, and pursue new goals with a new energy; that's the first week - then it always seems to drag on a bit and I can't wait for February to arrive haha.
I have however been staying true to my capsule wardrobe and now that we are mid-month, just wanted to let you all know how I'm doing at my first attempt at a capsule.

As mentioned before, I will not be including outerwear, shoes, bags or accessories, or pieces for layering in my capsules - I may try that as I get better with capsules, but for now, I'm baby-steppin' it.


As you can see, I've already decided to donate one sweater, and have added 2 pieces to the capsule. I've also noted in red squares, which items I have still yet to wear. (You'll have to bare with me on the horrible photos for a few months - I don't have my StyleBook App with me, and am working off a screen shot I had my husband send me).

The sweater I donated was something I originally purchased because I loved the style and it was something I had wanted to try. It was a great price so I didn't mind if it was 2 sizes too big and decided to shrink it in the dryer - I figured no matter how it turned out, I would be fine with it given the style of the sweater and how versatile the look was supposed to be. I did shrink it, I did wear it, and I did enjoy it for a while but now have decided that it's a bit too chunky for my liking; I can't really wear it under any coats, or without a coat (even with layering) given the seasons where I live (I'm becoming a wuss, and get cold quite easily).

The two pieces I added were items that I purchased in December. I added the white tunic because I realized that when I present offers or go for 'serious' meetings, I like to wear a solid item of black or white - I didn't realize this before until I found myself without either, one morning and was quite adamant about not making any substitutions. New Lesson! - I will be making sure to have a few black and white pieces in my future capsules. The plaid shirt I just added for a casual Friday because I miss my husband and he just loves plaid, so I was channeling his wardrobe haha. Plus, this one is thicker and pretty cozy.

Side note: On Wednesday, I purchased 3 pairs of tights to replace my old ones. 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, eggtart! I really like the red ( I think) sheath dress; may I have the brand info on this one? This post really made me smile as well. The plaid shirt in the photo is very similar to one my husband has, only his is black, navy and purple. Hope your husband is home soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mimmy! The color is more coral and it's from Jacob, a Canadian company. Unfortunately, they are currently in the process of closing their stores - I'm not sure if they still have a website, but you take a look. I bought this dress, approximately 3-4 years ago. Husband isn't back until March =( but I will be visiting him in February =)

      Delete
    2. If you like the color, I think BeBe currently has dresses in this similar color, called 'Passion'

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for the intel, eggtart! I will check out BCBG; I am liking sheath dresses in general right now! I'm glad you will get to see your husband next month.

      Delete
    2. Sheath dresses are my wardrobe bff - they are SO easy to wear and always look great.

      Delete