Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Rocky Mountain Soap Company - a step towards my lifestyle goal for healthier skin!

A major lifestyle goal I am trying to achieve is to take better care of my skin. All my life I have lived with extremely dry skin and eczema, and a few years ago, experienced the worst eczema outbreak I have ever had, lasting a year and even landing me in emergency a couple of times. 

My skin is under control again, and thankfully do not have any scarring, but that experience really scared the s*it out of me. I was miserable, my self-esteem took a hit, I had open wounds that would not heal, it was ugly and uncomfortable. After I recovered, I REALLY wanted to make an effort to keep my skin healthy - I switched to products made for sensitive skin and tried to keep my skin hydrated as much as possible by drinking water, avoiding caffeine and alcohol, and constantly moisturizing. The products I used worked well, but I was also wanting to lead a healthier and 'cleaner' lifestyle, thus began my search for toxin free products, and especially those that were easily accessible - locally available, and not insanely expensive. 

Enter, the Rocky Mountain Soap Company - this little boutique store opened near my work in Downtown Vancouver near the end of 2014. They have a full range of items such as soaps, lip balms, deodorant, and body butters. I was most curious and impressed by their deodorant and body butters (especially their body butters as I loooooved their packaging - such easy application!). I tested their body butter in store and it left my skin very soft and lasted quite a long time without feeling greasy; their scents were lovely but not too over-powering. My favourite is the apricot.

I purchased the Apricot Body Butter, Hand Butter (Avocado), un-scented Body Butter (specifically for dry skin), Lemongrass deodorant, and was gifted an Apricot hand-cream during their promotion (buy $35 of product before tax and receive a free hand cream). 


I'm extremely excited to start with these products =) Best of all, they're made in Canada, and I love their saying - "Tested on owners, not animals".  

1 comment: