Friday, January 30, 2015

Summary of January's capsule wardrobe

This is a summary of my first attempt at a capsule wardrobe. 

What I worked with - 
  • Rather, what I didn't have to work with - my StyleBook App =(
  • Clothes that I was debating whether or not to keep or let go
  • Items I wanted to wear a few more times before taking them to the dry cleaners
(As this is my first try,  I didn't try to constrain myself too much by limiting my shoes, accessories, and outerwear.)

What I discovered - 

For work I frequently present offers and meet with clients - I didn't realize that I tend to choose an item in black or white until I found myself with nothing to wear in my capsule and there was nothing I felt comfortable with. I added my recently purchased white tunic from the GAP. For each capsule moving forward, I will make sure to include more black and white items. 

I didn't include enough casual/weekend clothing and ended up adding a simple gray J Crew sweatshirt - at first I tried to just use what I had but mentally it just made me feel like I was at work. Moving forward I will make sure to add a few more casual/weekend only items. 

I can easily get away with one pair of jeans for the entire month but I did miss my broken-in GAP jeans - I will just wear these whenever I want and not count that as part of my capsules since it has a tear in it and can't be used for work or dressier occasions.  

I didn't include enough tops that could be worn on their own - most of the items I used this month, I wore with a sweater or cardigan. I added a jewel toned sleeveless top that I had worn on New Years Eve into the mix.

These are the outfits that I was able to make from my January capsule wardrobe: 
(Since I don't have my StyleBook App with me, you'll have to bear with me with these horrible outfit photos)




I did discover a few outfits from this capsule that look REALLY good. I unfortunately don't have my app so can't show you the complete look but I have highlighted them in green squares. I will added them to my app in a couple of weeks when I visit my husband and will post these at a later date.


February will be interesting as I will have two small capsules - work and my trip. Looking forward to it! =) And I can't wait to see my husband again! This is the longest time we've been apart.  

2 comments:

  1. I really liked looking at your entire month of style, eggtart! I like how you are finding what really works well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mimmy! It really makes me miss my stylebook app though haha

      Delete