Friday, January 2, 2015

Wardrobe goals for 2015

I learned and achieved a lot in 2014 for my wardrobe and think that I'm at a point where I can begin to introduce capsule wardrobes to further simplify yet enhance my style/wardrobe. 

I donated or sold a majority of items I don't need, no longer fit (except for a few pieces I'm getting closer to), don't look good on me, or don't wear any more - there are a few pieces that I'm still undecided on or have not had a chance to list for sale, but I expect that my wardrobe numbers will be going down again this year. 

I have filled in some wardrobe gaps, including the ever-difficult for me - knee high boots, and feel I now have all the essential pieces that I have been working towards to give me a 'complete' wardrobe. 

Summary of 2014:
  • purchased 11 bags, received 1 backpack as a gift; sold 3 bags, donated 2 bags.
  • received 1 wallet for my birthday, purchased 1 wallet and 2 pouches; sold 1 wallet, donated 1 wallet.
  • achieved my goal to only have 10 wallets (not including a travel wallet, and one wallet that I am semi-retiring but holding onto because it was a gift from my husband).
  • received 1 watch as a gift, purchased 2 watches; sold 1 watch.
  • bought 5 pairs of shoes, incorporated 2 pairs of shoes from my early days into my current wardrobe; donated 8 pairs of shoes.
  • Purchased 43 items for my wardrobe (not including the bags), all of which have been worn regularly and include 4 investment pieces (2 coats and 2 watches). 
  • not including my 4 investment pieces or bags, total purchases totaled less than $1,000
  • purchased something every month of the year except for November when I made a conscious decision not to buy anything.

My goals for 2015 are to:
  • continue to downsize the number of shoes I have - I purged a lot this year but there are still some that I can let go of. Also, I won't be replacing a number of them when they wear through.
  • continue to work on using the things I love and not worry about them getting ruined.
  • build a capsule wardrobe for each month - unlike some capsule wardrobe challenges, I'm not limiting the number of items I will use but I will make sure the amount is reasonable.
  • continue to shop out of my bag and wallet collection and implement a one-in, one-out rule.  
  • rotate through all my wallets throughout the year.
  • use jewelry more to accessorize my daily outfits.
  • continue to purge, re-fine, and down-size my wardrobe.
  • budget $1,000 for wardrobe purchases (not including investment pieces that may replace current wardrobe staples).
  • downsize the number of jackets and coats
  • use the bags I weren't able to use in 2014 - if I don't use them again in 2015, consider letting them go.
  • have some purchase-free months

2015 Wishlist and "needs":
  • leopard calf-hair bag or clutch
  • find and stock up on good quality tights
  • black wedge ankle boots
  • a gray leather bag 
  • gray wool winter coat
  • leopard print, calf-hair belt
  • gray jeans to replace my current pair - they are beginning to look in need of replacing and since they are a major staple in my wardrobe, I want to start looking early to find the 'perfect' pair
  • navy sheath dress

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Good luck on your goals. I hope your get that leopard bag. It's been on my wish list for a long time too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and Happy New Year to you too!

      I really hope to find a leopard bag, do you have any mind? I'd love to get one in calf-hair but I think maybe for practicality, a coated canvas might be better if I plan to wear it on a regular basis (our weather here is unstable). I did find a Michael Kors satchel that only had the leopard on one side in calf-hair and leather on the other side so that might be a good option too - at least its one less side to worry about haha.

      Delete
    2. Well, as much as I love the LV leopard bag, Michael Kors is more in my price range. Coach's Crosby tote in Ocelot is worth taking a look at--it's on sale right now too!

      Delete
  2. The LV leopard bag is gooorgeous. And yes, also out of my price range too haha. I DID see the Crosby and I did think about adding it to my collection; I really like the wide base but something held me back. I'm not sure what though...I think this leopard bag may be one of those items where, I'll come across it and I'll just know. So far though, the MK one I saw at the outlets seemed to speak to me more, however, I'm not sure about the quality of it.. I loved the shape and style but the quality I wasn't suuuper keen on. And the search continues!

    ReplyDelete