Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Benchmark items

I know one of the first rule of thumbs when purging is to get rid of all the clothing that doesn't fit you but while I was purging, I couldn't help but keep some favourite items in hopes that I will one day fit into them again. 

These are a few of my benchmark items.

(Mexx, Tahari, Tommy Hilfiger, GAP)

I try on my benchmark items every few months - I last tried on these items at the beginning of the year and they were tight. Very tight. This month I started to do the 30 day squat challenge and I tried these pieces on, on Saturday and they fit! The blazer was a little tight in the shoulders but I was able to button it, and the dresses and skirt skimmed my body like they did when I first bought them, years ago. I am beyond pleased and am so glad I kept a few of these pieces - I know some people find them demotivating and I did too at times, but they also help me find motivation every time I looked at them because they remind me of why I want to be healthy and shed some weight - so that I could wear these favourite pieces again! 

Do any of you have any benchmark items? I have a few ultimate benchmark mark pieces but I think I'll actually have to lose 10 more lbs to be even close haha, but I'm not giving up!!!


2 comments:

  1. I didn't really have a name for items that no longer fit, but I did not want to let go of yet, so now I do; "benchmark items". I recently let go of one of these, a really chic cocktail dress; but just painfully tight in the waist. Realistically I just did not see getting this skinny again. It is so funny you posted this topic, because before checking out your blog, I was trying on 2 pairs of white jeans that I wore last summer. They fit, but are tighter now than I like to wear things. I don't think I really need to lose any weight, just need to tone up some. I put the 30 day ab challenge app on my phone; just need to get motivated and start it!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! when I get back into a good habit, I find it's not about the weight I lose, but most often times about getting more toned. In April I will be doing the squat challenge again and adding the ab challenge and beginner's push-up challenge. When I do the squats, I also add arm exercise with weights to multi-task haha

      Delete