Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March comings and goings

I vowed that I would not make any purchases in March, and I succeeded! =) I ALMOST had a slip-up when I saw a Transformers t-shirt (hubby's a huge fan) on mega-sale at Target, but I walked away from it. 

Going - 
  • Adidas sneakers - I loved them when I bought them but because I wanted to keep them looking new, I rarely wore them. I tried to bring them back into my wardrobe earlier this month, only to find that they were not as comfortable as I remembered. I have been wanting to let these go for years but couldn't overcome the guilt I felt for spending money on something I barely wore - I'm over it now, and own one less pair of shoes, hurray!
  • Adidas runners - I've had them since grade 8, haha, and I just love them; they were really hard to give up but my mom gave me her runnners and she told me mine needed to go. Can't argue with my mom!
  • few more pieces of costume jewelry, and items I was going to use when I wanted to try my hand at making my own jewelry (what was I thinking?)
  • Adidas bag - one of the vintage inspired ones from my university days.
  • Indigo tote bag - given to me by my friend, but just have too many bags and had to decide to let it go.
  • Not wardrobe related, but I let go of a few more glasses from our kitchen, and made the rounds in my condo and threw out as many random pieces of paper as I could.
Coming - 
  • Black Hunter boots - my mom can't wear a lot of her shoes any more due to spurs =( so she gave me her knee-high Hunter boots. In Vancouver, these are a staple and I'll now have another pair of rainboots to add to the two I already have. Rainboots are an item that I plan to not buy until I need to replace them so since my existing pairs are still in great condition, I won't be buying rainboots - probably, ever.
  • Nike runners - again from my mom. This is great because I have been thinking about replacing mine and I really needed a push. Free, is a good push, haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment