Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The joy in finding things that don't work

Now that I have been working on purging items from my wardrobe and life, I find so much joy when I discover something isn't working for me. The other day, I decided to break out a pair of sneakers that I've held on to since university (I was a huge sneaker fanatic) and work it into my outfit. 

Outfit was very casual for wandering around my neighbourhood, but I found that my shoes were not as comfortable as I remember. Instead of feeling sad, I found myself doing a self high-five in my head because the only thing that I could think about was that I was able to let these go. I held on to them for so long because they were in such great condition, and I couldn't bare the thought of letting them go for the money I spent on them, but hey, they don't work, they don't work, and now I can let them go in peace, having given them a fair chance. 

An added bonus, it will help me slowly even myself out in my shoe numbers since I bought 4 pairs last month =S 

Do any of you feel happy when something doesn't work? I find now, for the most part, when I'm in the dressing room and something just doesn't work, I'm more relieved than sad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment