Friday, March 20, 2015

TGIF!

TGIF! Must be said twice. What a week... I am happy to announce that March is still a no-purchase month for me and I haven't had an urge to buy anything; I've also had 3 no-spend days in a row, this last week! 

My younger cousin has taken up sewing lately so instead of donating my items, I have been giving them some thought to maybe re-vamping/re-purposing them. I was given two, WAY over-sized t-shirts (in the same style!) and I asked her to turn them into a crossbody feed bag, and a laptop sleeve.


(original t-shirt; two sides of the feedbag)

The laptop sleeve (not shown) worked well and the look of the bag was great except the material is 100% cotton so there is a lot sagging. We are currently thinking of how to correct this - the most obvious answer is to add a lining of the non-sag nature (perhaps with another item I already have), buuut... we may also re-re-vamp it, entirely.

I'm now less 2 t-shirts I will never wear and have one functioning laptop sleeve, and working toward, a functioning feed bag =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment