Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Spring is here! and what do I wear?

For the last few weeks I have been anticipating the arrival of Spring - looking at Pinterest for ideas, I couldn't wait to start wearing some color and break out some lighter outwear. Of course, we are experiencing terrible weather. While we have it better than eastern Canada, it is pouring rain and randomly breaking into torrential down-pour. This means it's wet, dreary, and COLD. Forget the cute skirts and open toe shoes, forget the tan trench coat, forget the small cute bags, but DON'T forget your umbrella and rain boots =(

How have I been battling these Spring blues? With khakis! After I discovered GAP khakis, I have purchased 4 pairs in less than a year. 2 in lighter spring colors (pale pink and dusty gray/blue), a lighter gray in linen, and a pair in dark gray. Yes, Yes, I know, I talk about the GAP a lot, and honestly, I'm surprised that I haven't raved about these pants sooner, haha. When I bought them, I bought them for summer use, but I am fast realizing that they give me the taste of Spring I'm so longing for, AND they keep me warm. 


The great thing about them is that they look great with flats, sneakers, and high heels. I've been wearing my rain boots to work and then switching into my heels for a more professional look at the office. When I have a tour, I can wear flats and they still look professional and keep me comfortable, and for weekends, I can wear my sneakers =) Very versatile!




2 comments:

  1. Are you reading my mind, eggtart? Just kidding, lol! Yesterday I wore my Gap, "skinny mini" khakis in ivory to work. I think they're just the right blend of casual yet professional, if that makes any sense. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That totally makes sense, Mimmy! =) I'll have to check out their 'skinny mini' as I'm totally in love with their 'always skinny' cords. The cords were really awesome for winter temperatures!

      Delete