Friday, June 12, 2015

Edit: Orange works for me too!

I previously posted about culling colors that don't work for me and orange was one of them. And it seems like orange, is everywhere this season. I couldn't turn away, and luckily found two inexpensive pieces to appease my want to wear it and test it out. Turns out, I don't look too bad in it! 

Similar to eating my words when it came to yellow,  I think I just needed to learn how to wear certain colors. I'm starting to learn that different shades might look better on me than others, and that the piece itself makes a big difference. Maybe it might not look good as a bottom, or a sweater, but perhaps it would look good if the color came in the form of shorts, or a tank top. Also, what I wear it with makes a big difference - some colors on me, only look good with very specific items. 

Brown is also a color that doesn't look good on me, but as I write this, outfits are spinning in my head and I think brown may actually go really well with orange!!! So there we go, there are 2 more colors that I can wear, and together, resulting in new outfits I can put together (and I don't even own that many of either color, which in itself is awesome because that means my outfit possibilities have grown, with so little). Fantastic!

I'm having a fantastic time learning all these lessons to help me make my best wardrobe.

I'll post some outfits once I get them down on my Stylebook App =) can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation! I might just have to check it out! =)

    ReplyDelete