Friday, June 5, 2015

FINALLY using something for the first time #ootd

Three years ago I purchased a beige blazer, thinking it would be PERFECT for the office during Spring and Summer. Somehow, it did not make its way into my outfits, once. I did try - I spent hours trying to put together outfits and somehow never got it right or felt too self-conscious to walk out the door. I have no idea why - the blazer is perfectly normal and office appropriate. 

Last week I got dressed, walked out the door, and turned back. Without thinking, I grabbed the blazer and put it on, and headed back out. I checked my reflection as I walked and the outfit looked great! I don't know what the heck I was doing wrong before, but I'm so happy that I can finally use it, and wasn't wrong about it being a good purchase. True, it's only been in one outfit, but I think it will be fairly easy for me to produce different variations of it, now that I have something to copy from. 

Behold!



3 comments:

  1. Eggtart, it is often uncanny how your posts tickle something in my brain. I have a similar BR blazer that is brown. I think your blazer color is more neutral than mine, but I still should be able to find some outfits to pair it with! Now that I remember that I have it I am going to look for some ways to style it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mimmy, I can't believe your blazer is brown. Last night, I was writing an upcoming post about how some colors I originally thought didn't work for me, actually worked, and brown is one of them. My part 2 of the post will have some brown outfits lol. I think it goes well with orange and tan...I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Perhaps we've experienced some kind of "mind meld" thing. I will see what I can come up with using my brown blazer. :)

    ReplyDelete