Tuesday, June 16, 2015

What do I do with you?

Do you have an item where you struggle to decide whether to let it go, or keep? 

Lately, I am wanting to let go of this top - 



Why? I have no idea. I wear it often, it looks fine, it's comfortable, and is a nice shade of gray. 

Something about it though, is making me want to say good-bye. I've been debating this for 3 weeks now. Yes, I know, #fwp...

Every other day, I think, I'm going to let it go and walk towards the donation bag and then I decide to put it on, look in the mirror, and change my mind. This should tell me I should keep it, especially since I wear it often (actually, quite a lot) but then why do I have an inclination to do without it? This is really bothering me and I can only come to the conclusion that I DO like it, but I am wanting something very similar to it (that may, or may not exist) and I'm waiting for that item to come my way (which, may or, or may not)... which brings me back to my original struggle.

I've asked myself a series of questions - 

Does it make me happy? It doesn't, not, make me happy
Does it serve a purpose? Yes.
Do I enjoy wearing it? I suppose I do, I wear it a lot.
Is it easy to wear? Very much so.
If I were to let it go, has it reached my cost-per-wear threshold? Definitely. 
Do I already have something that I could substitute it with? No.
Have I seen a better replacement? No.
None of these answers, are helpful or make me any more decisive. Any thoughts? 


3 comments:

  1. I think you're right about it not being exciting. Maybe I can spice it up not just with accessories, but alterations or modifications to it. Hrm, you definitely got me thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This top is fine; so I wouldn't necessarily let it go yet, eggtart. At the same time it seems like there is something about it that you must not think or feel is right if you keep wanting to let it go. Could it be that although it is fine, it just doesn't make you feel that good when you wear it? I can think of 2 tees like this that I recently donated. There was nothing wrong with them, I did not have anything like them, and they fit. I went back and forth for at least 2 months. Finally, I donated both. I do not miss them at all! I have not replaced either one, but I realized that they really didn't fill any gap in my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear it quite a bit but I think as Pret A Porter P said, it's not that exciting, so I think, while it's a good staple and go-to in my wardrobe, it's not, as you suggested, something I necessarily feel good in; it merely serves a purpose. I think I'll keep it for one more season and then go from there because I don't have anything to replace it with for the hot weather other than just gray tshirts, which are too casul sometimes. The top may look casual on the hanger, but is actually a bit dressier than the average t-shirt.

      Delete