Friday, June 19, 2015

Never say never - Dooney & Bourke

Last year I discovered that I love bags by Dooney & Bourke - this surprised me because it was one of the brands that I really did not like and couldn't understand its appeal. I thought them to be too plain or too ugly, especially the much loved fold-over satchel. 

Being part of a fantastic online community of people who love and celebrate bags, I was exposed to a lot more styles and colors by D&B and became more curious. Coincidentally, the Hudson's Bay began to carry their bags and I was able to test them out in real life and I found that the leather on the popular florentine satchel was amazing; the stitching and detailing for a bag at that price-point was more than worth it - the braided zipper pulls, the green suede lining, heavy stitching, and the interior organization - amazing.

While I finally understood the hype over the bags, I wasn't sure if the style was going to be suitable for me because, while I love the satchel style, I wasn't sure if I could do the fold-over part as it requires a little bit more maneuvering to get to my things. Also, since the zip doesn't break apart, I was worried that it would add more of a hurdle for me. 

Despite these hesitations, when I went to the outlets, and finally saw alllll the colors, sizes, and styles that they offer - I fell in love. The bag-loving part of me wanted to get every single florentine satchel there was, but I was refraining from going overboard. 

I oddly, decided to go with a small orange florentine. Orange wasn't on my radar but something about it really caught my eye and I figured, go big, or go home. She's one of my favourite bags in my collection and while she's too small to bring to work, I try to take her out as much as possible =)



No comments:

Post a Comment