Tuesday, June 2, 2015

May color capsule summary and showcase!

N and I have just completed our second month of color capsules! In May, we decided to keep to our basic colors and we each added a color for the start of Spring - she chose peach, and I chose pink!

Here is a summary of our outfits!

Mine - 



I've highlighted my favourites in green. So far, I'm still loving this color capsule concept versus a pre-chosen number of items. With a color capsule, I'm allowed more flexibility but it still keeps my numbers to a manageable amount. Although I introduced pink into the mix, I only used 3 items in that color and the rest of the items are still coming from my basics - black, white, gray, and navy. 

N's - 

Again, I love N's choice. Peach looks fantastic on her and she seems to have incorporated more of her additional color into her outfits than I did. Her clothes always have an interesting pattern or detail to them, and always look feminine; she always uses some fantastic accessories too! 

For the month of June,we have both chosen to add blue, of the brighter variety =) Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I really like both N's and your color capsules for this month. Both of your outfits look really polished. I am impressed by your new, ootd feature. I especially like your blue and leopard outfit, eggtart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mimmy! We're both going for brighter blues this month and I'm excited! And thanks for checking out my new feature - some of my 'life goals' is to have a creative outlet for myself, outside of work, to also continue to learn, and be fearless. I've been self-learning (and stumbling) on how to put together a decent blog but working on this blog and creating outfits, has made me really happy and lets me take a breath outside the craziness of my work. I look forward to posting every time. Also, since it's public, I feel like I'm putting myself out there and overcoming some fears that I may have... which also helps me to overcome some things at work too.

      Delete