Saturday, November 22, 2014

Edit: mustard yellow works for me!

I had previously posted that yellow was a color that did not work for me, but I would like to edit, and state: the majority of yellows don't work for me but I have found that mustard yellow does! While most yellows wash me out, this wonderful shade seems to complement my skin tone and is a great accent to my base colors. It goes really well with purple, navy, and gray.

While I had purged most of my yellow items, I had kept a cardigan in a dark mustard shade because: it didn't wash me out, I loved the details, and I was able to find outfit ideas on Pinterest that worked with existing items. I did note though, that the outfits I found used a slightly brighter yellow than what I owned.

Recently my mom got me several sweaters and cardigans and when I saw them, I got really excited since they were the actual shade I had been seeing on Pinterest. I immediately started putting together outfits. This is one of the cardigans in the only yellow shade that works for me:

I should have known that this shade worked for me because my 'second chances' scarf carries this shade, and one of my remaining 3 yellow items from my purge contain it as part of its pattern.
Here are 3 different outfits I used it in. 



For those interested, this cardigan is by Sparrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment