Friday, November 7, 2014

Less is more - Sold another bag

I love all bags, but have been rather reckless in my purchases in terms of just buying a bag a like without any thought to whether it works for me. I have been trying to make better decisions with my bag purchases and also review what I already own. In my assessment, I have found bags that I know will just never work for me, and unfortunately have to let go.
At first it took a lot of effort to detach myself from the bags but after debating back and forth for a year, I finally decided to just snap out of it, "ripped off the Band-Aid fast", and posted my first "for sale" item on Craigslist. It got easier but from time to time I would hit a wall and revert back to my attachment to my bags.
I had a good first month of the year and ruthlessly sold a number of items and hit a wall for months, until recently when I was motivated again. This is my second successful bag sale in the last 3 weeks and may call it quits for the rest of the year.
I sold my Kate Spade Highlander tote. When I first bought this, I loved its instant Fall feel and thought it would be perfect for walking around the city with a coffee in hand and bundled in a cute scarf. It was perfect, but just not for my city where it pours almost 5 months out of the year. Sadly, I spent more time worrying about it absorbing rain and the possibility of it smelling (and not be able to get rid of the smell), that it stayed in my closet until warmer months, which didn't really fit the look of the bag or my intended purpose. I'm happy that someone else will be able to enjoy her, but I definitely will miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment