Saturday, November 15, 2014

Second chances - Joe Fresh scarf

I used to have a habit of buying things because they were an amazing item and I had to have it, or it was a steal and had to have it. As I make a change in my lifestyle and wardrobe, I realize that neither are good reasons if I can't put the item to use. Over the years, I have collected a number of such items and in my purging, have re-discovered them and put them through a trial period before making a decision to keep it or to let it go.

This scarf for instance - I purchased this 2-3 years ago at Joe Fresh on heavy discount and wore it a handful of times without giving it much thought as to how it would complete my outfit. Needless to say, given my inability to work with accessories, I've actually ruined some perfectly good outfits. I put it away and called it a day.
 

I re-discovered this during my purging and was on the fence with it for quite some time. I didn't feel that the color or material was quite right for fall and winter and it was clearly too warm for spring and summer. I put it through a 2 week trial run and paid a bit more attention with what I was pairing it with and now I am happy to say that with the current items I own, it will be staying!

Using Pinterest, I found some outfit ideas with existing items I already owned and while yellow doesn't work with me in clothing, as a scarf, it's not too bad. I mostly pair it with shades of purple, white, and light blues..

No comments:

Post a Comment