Thursday, November 20, 2014

Perfect example of having too much stuff


The other morning I was getting my gym bag ready for the day and pulled out a pair of shoes that I had switched out of 2 weeks ago. I was shocked - I had actually forgotten about them and they are my every day shoes! I had been wearing them for the majority of the year until recently since temperatures have dropped, (which is why I hadn't removed them from my bag), but the fact that I had forgotten I even owned them, completely shocked me. It really showed me that I had too much. Shoes alone, I have 42 pairs that I have counted and logged (I'm sure I'm forgetting a few) and my goal is to take it down to 20.

As I mentioned before, we supposedly only wear 20% of our wardrobe and with that in mind, I should be down to about 8 pairs of shoes, but ... let's not get crazy now ;)

For those interested, these are Cole Haan silver cap toe "Bria" wedges with the Nike Air soles - picture not my own. 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, as you said eggtart, let's not get crazy now, lol! Reducing quantities of items is difficult for me. But I plan to purge shoes as they go out of style, wear out (more difficult with many shoes). I can also hope that one of my little patients throws up on some. This has actually happened! Unfortunately they were a pair of favorite, black suede wedges. They were never the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Shoes are something I definitely don't need to buy, and while I parted with about 7-10 pair this year, am looking to pare down more. Including my rainboots, Uggs, and sneakers, I only heavily rotate through 10-15 pairs a year.

      After I take inventory of all my shoes and try to make outfits with them, I hope to be able to see what else I can let go. I still have shoes at my parents house too =S

      Sorry to hear about your suede wedges! =( They sound amazing. I love wedges.

      Delete