Sunday, November 2, 2014

My categories for tracking my way to my perfect closet

Part of the steps I am taking to perfect my closet is not just to minimize and find what works, but also to make sure my money is being spent well and determine the quality and value of my purchases.

I previously mentioned that I have been tracking this year's purchases in an excel sheet to give myself a better idea of what I'm buying. The categories I find the most helpful are: what type of items I'm buying, how much I'm spending, how often I'm wearing something (so I can tell if it will become wardrobe staple of mine, or fast fad), and cost-per-wear.
Below is the full list of categories I use: 
  • Cost-per-wear - how much an item costs each time I use it (the more I use an item, its cost will go down which tells me I'm getting good use and value out of my item
  • # of times used (in 2014) - the idea is that I will continue this in the years to come
  • Description - just a summary of the item for reference
  • Designer
  • Color
  • Type - i.e. sweater, shoe, dress, etc
  • Cost of item - price I paid (versus original price - I try not to pay full price)
  • Condition - I ranked it through 1-10 (10 being in excellent condition; this should change through wear and tear)
  • Date of purchase
  • Place of purchase
  • Regular price - to see how much/if I'm saving

No comments:

Post a Comment