Sunday, November 16, 2014

Re-purposing - turning my necklace into a bag fob


I frequent a popular forum called thePurseforum, and one of the threads that I have the pleasure of being a part of, we discuss a number of topics ranging from "shopping from my own closet" to what to pack for traveling, to significant life events - recently there were some DIYs shown from one of the members (bakeacookie) and also a few posts about fobs. 

Taking a queue from these latest topics, I decided to re-purpose an old necklace of mine into a bag fob. I think I bought this necklace on my last trip to Malaysia (~13 years ago) - I wore it a few times but stopped because it had quite a short chain making it more of a choker and gave me a rash each time. I loved the coloring so I kept it and the other night had a great idea to remove it from its chain and hang it off one of my black bags that has silver hardware. 

No comments:

Post a Comment